Prepare to love me and/or hate me if you decide to try these popsicles because you’ll be addicted and won’t be able to stop. Remember what I was saying last time about the booze? It was a fair warning. I’m having way too much fun incorporating St-Germain into practically everything lately. Once I got all my popsicle molds in the mail, I was excited to go to town, especially with the ridiculous heatwave we were having the last few weeks. Dreaming up concoctions of how to incorporate liquor into a refreshing Summer pop, this is what I ended up with: rosemary, fresh grapefruit juice, and St-Germain.
Not wanting to have actual chunks of rosemary in the popsicle, I decided to make a simple rosemary simple syrup to achieve the infused yummy goodness, and for a bit of sweetness to balance out the usual bitter grapefruit. I put two large grapefruits through my juicer, mixed it with the simple syrup, added in some St-Germain and that was it! Oh yeah, and turn that freezer down low too. Alcohol can be real tough to freeze.
You may experience some of the molds not coming out whole, so make sure you stick them in the far back corner of your freezer and turn it down to it’s lowest setting. Also make sure you freeze them at least overnight. Then go to town.
(Also, these would probably equally delicious with muddled or juiced strawberries, or an equivalently yummy sounding fruit to pair with the Germain. Next time!)
Rosemary Grapefruit St-Germain Popsicles
Makes 10 popsicles
- 2 large ruby red grapefruit, juiced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary stems
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup St-Germain liquor
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine the water, sugar, and rosemary stems. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove your rosemary stems and pour your rosemary infused syrup into a glass jar (you may have a bit leftover so you can save it for a cocktail later, if that suits your fancy).
- In a large bowl, measure out and pour 3/4 cup of the simple syrup, the grapefruit juice (should yield approximately 2 cups juice), and the St-Germain. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into popsicle molds, add in the sticks, and place in your freezer at it’s lowest setting. Voila!