Until just recently I started making my own homemade granola. For a while I had been intimidated by looking at some recipes online but turns out, it’s way easier than I thought. There are so many ideas and variations out there that it can get overwhelming. One day I came across a recipe for peanut butter granola and decided to give it a whirl. Man oh man, seriously good stuff. I’ve not only made it once, but twice, and will probably make another batch of it tonight. What I usually tend to do is cut up a banana on some plain yogurt and put some of this granola on top. It is the BOMB. So, if you’re a peanut butter freak like me and you like granola, you have to try this recipe.
(Recipe adapted from here.)
2 1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky is best!)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix oats, flour, and baking soda in large mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla extract.
3. Add vegetable oil and peanut butter and mix (it may be a tad chunky).
4. Stir in brown sugar.
5. Spoon granola into 8-inch square cake pan.
6. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, until slightly browned. Cool and store in an air-tight container and enjoy!