Finally, I have a blog! I’ve been dreaming about this for quite a while. I’ve been so inspired by others posting their latest baking creations or handmade finds online that it’s made me want to do so myself. So, that being said, this blog is going to combine all of my favorite things that I love. Food, food photography, photography, baking (especially vegan), cooking, nature, modern design, interior design, pumpkins and peanut butter (my two greatest obsessions–it’s almost a little too obvious as you’ll surely find out), and anything else inspiring and lovely. Granted, it’s all about finding the time to do and display all of this in between school and work and trying to stay sane, but I figure if it makes me happy then it’s worth it. So yay, I’m excited!
Hope you enjoy!
To kickstart things off a bit, here’s a wonderfully tasty combination of goodness.
Seriously. I’ve made this pie twice and it’s just incredibly insanely delicious. The good thing about this being vegan is that it is SO EASY. Compared to other traditional no-bake pies, it doesn’t require cream cheese or extra sugar or whipped cream. Tofu covers the entire job, and you get a little extra protein, too! It literally takes almost less than 15 minutes to prepare. Just as a warning, this recipe makes a helluva rich pie so depending on how you’re feeling, you can cut down the chocolate chips and peanut butter in half. The first time I made this for a birthday occasion, it was a super explosion of chocolate peanut butter goodness that it almost made everyone sick. Most recently the second time, I experimented by cutting down the chocolate and peanut butter. The flavor was still there, although it probably could have used a tad more peanut butter. Anyhow, three great things all together in one–peanut butter, chocolate, and bananas– you can’t go wrong.
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup soymilk
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- 1 12-oz pkg soft or silken tofu
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 graham cracker crust (I bought one premade but you can easily make one by mixing 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup vegan margarine, and ¼ cup sugar into a 9-inch pie pan)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- In a large double broiler, melt the chocolate chips and soymilk on medium heat, stirring until smooth and creamy.
- In a food processor, blend the nut butter and tofu together until smooth. Pour into melted chocolate and stir together well until smooth.
- Gently stir in half of the banana slices and pour evenly into prepared crust.
- Smooth top with back of spoon and place remaining banana slices on top.
- Paint banana slices with a drop of lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or freeze) before serving.