As I’m sure you’re well aware, St. Patrick’s day is just around the corner and we all know what that means pretty much two things: the color green, and a nice frosty glass of Guinness stout. Two things I absolutely love: green is my favorite color, and stouts (especially the Guinness extra stout) are one of my favorite beers. The next baking recipe will include some green hues in it, but for now I’m going to focus all of my attention of the Guinness and present you with this delectable Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake.
I’ve baked with Guinness quite a few times in my life. Not to mention vegan chocolate stout cupcakes (for some reason I didn’t get around to posting that recipe a few years ago… I should fix that). Stout can do such amazing things once it is incorporated into baked goods. Obviously it pairs well with chocolate, hence chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and in this cheesecake. It’s absolutely insane. Almost like a flourless and dense chocolate cake, very fudgy, creamy, but also light like a chocolate souffle. But better.
Honestly, does it look like it could get any better? This is the ultimate chocolate dessert. It’s especially enhanced with a squeeze of whipped cream on top and a few sliced strawberries or raspberries. What more could you want? If you’re looking for a dessert recipe to take to a potluck St. Patrick’s party or to host at your home, look no further. This is all you’ll need. (And a few more bottles of Guinness…) Just make it ahead of time the night before!
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup honey graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces 56% semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 (8 ounce) packages neufchâtel cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Guinness Extra Stout
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar, and butter and press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cream the cream cheese in a large bowl with a hand-held mixer.
- Mix in the sugar, chocolate, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and Guinness.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 55 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 60 minutes.
- Let cool completely and chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight!